altera ego

Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 17

I’m behind. It’s Friday night. I have told myself that I would go home only when I reach 25,000 words, at which point I will still be 2 days behind. But I’m trying not to think too much about that. Funny, it seems like some days, we just have so many words in us. Other days we are simply victims of our condition.

After work I went to Aux Derniers des humains (At The Last Humans’). Ate; wrote; left. The place got dark and loud. Headed toward the Plateau and now I’m at Caféo, a relatively new café corner St-Denis, Rachel. I’ve got the huge Le Chateau sign staring at me. I’m at 22,407. I don’t know if I can reach my objective… And I hope this place doesn’t close at 10.

Every time someone walks in or out the door, I freeze. Good. It'll keep me awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home