altera ego

Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 6

YOUPPIIEEE !!! I’ve got down 10,336 words. That’s 336 words ahead of schedule! I found a great way to quicken up the writing. It won’t work every time, unless style and perspective never changes Still, it helped tonight! ☺

A strange thing: I used to listen to authors who’d say things like “I just write; it’s the characters who lead the story. They tell me where they’re going. Sometimes they surprise me and go off in the darnest directions.” I always found that kind of talk a bit too wishy-washy for me but… it’s true! At least when you’re writing a book the way I am now. I had this one character who I thought was sheepish and shy and it turns out he’s gay, a bit violent and a total manipulator. I just finished my longest chapter on him and he’s very far from what I expected.

Truth be told, writing is exhausting. Before and after work I do this incessantly. I have no idea how this whole thing will unfold but for the moment I must admit that I’m having quite fun with it.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home