altera ego

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Day 14

I’m again a bit behind. I didn’t write Saturday or Friday and I think another day last week. Wednesday, I think. Last week was not the best of weeks. My hormones have kicked in, and when they do they sure do appreciate taking up a lot of space. That and other stuff, of course. Because hormones almost always need something else to bounce off of.

As I was saying, tomorrow is the half-month mark. I should be close to 25 K, but instead I’m still working at reaching 20. I’m trying not to become too discouraged. I figure this book keeps surprising me, and keeps teaching me something new about myself. Not so much stuff I didn’t know than stuff I didn’t know I was telling. Every time I think the story is taking a particular turn, it gears off path and goes some other way. I recognize the route because I hear my voice in it everywhere, but surprise myself finding it there. It’s strange because none of the characters are me; the whole book is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home