altera ego

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

reasons to be happy

Yesterday was Ben’s and my 3-year anniversary. I made him supper: salmon tartar, steamed vegetables & salad, and ice cream with fudge brownies for desert. Nothing extraordinary. I also slightly transformed our living room/office into a green (his favourite colour) love shack and there offered him an auditory experience. I had picked up Jeck, Yoshihide and Tétrault’s “Invisible Architecture #1,” a voyage in itself. The night before we went to see Wilde’s The Importance of being Ernest, which was playing at the Saidye Bronfman Centre. I had never seen any of his plays performed. I much enjoyed it.

Today, I feel like I have so much to say, so much of which I don’t feel like sharing here.

What I will say is what I would like to know: what makes people happy? What makes you happy? Where do you find your sense of accomplishment? Is that even a priority of yours? How much of that comes from work, i.e. what pays your rent?

I wish more people read my blog so that I could actually get some answers. In the meanwhile, my question is “out there.” I throw it out into space and hope for a few answers to shower down on me some way or another.

2 Comments:

  • What makes me happy? Good question.

    Quitting smoking for the sake of another. Quitting drinking for the sake of another. Finishing teachers college for the sake of another. Who might this other be? A boyfriend? Not actually but the part he left me and the part he left me for. My future child... she makes me happy. Spread the good news!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 p.m.  

  • WHAT !?!?!?!?!?!?
    You're pregnant!!!

    How many months now?
    Do you know if it's a girl?
    You'll raise it on your own?
    Are you still living with your folks?
    Now don't you think this deserves an email?
    ...
    Well, congratulations! I'm glad you're happy. :)
    But I don't want to go down that route just yet... ;)

    By Blogger julie, at 9:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home